Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Does your significant other support you......
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Does your significant other support you...... (Read 3,572 times)
mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Does your significant other support you......
Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
when it comes to your home based business and does it matter if you have their support or not?

For me this is a constant battle with my hubby.  First off.....love him so much....but he does not get that this is a business not a job!  This is so important for your family to understand.  I decided to have my business to make extra money and be with the kids.  But alot of times he sees all my networking and doing vendor events outside the home as a waste of my time....he just doesn't get it and sometimes it causes problems between us.  But sorry, I will not be giving my home biz up anytime soon......maybe you ladies can shed some light how I can get him on board!

IP Logged

ChristinaHenarie
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Re: Does your significant other support you......
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 10:48am
Print Post  
My husband fully supports my business. When I do a vendor show, he may not stay for the show but will be there to help me set up & take down. He also helps with ideas about how to make my booth look more customer friendly. He's been great at telling people about the business also. Several of the guys he works with have asked for info for their wives due to him talking about the business. He always saw the business  as "my" business but recently mentioned that he would like to become more involved. I suggested that he go the regional event being held in January so he could meet people & find out more about the business and he agreed so he is now officially registered to attend!

Maybe by getting your husband more involved, he will realize that this is a business and not a hobby. He may also feel that he is being left out of something that is very important  to you & that is why he is fighting it. If he feels that he is an active part of building the business with you, he may be more willing to accept what you are doing.

Christina

Christina Henarie&&Independent Distributor of Mia Bella Candles&&Shop: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Flickerscents
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Looking for something
more....I did, and I
love it

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
My husband and I are in it together 100%. We each have our favorite tasks. We also have our streghths and weaknesses. I love to talk to people, train, call leads ect....he loves the details...paper work, inventory ect. We make a great team.

Shop:www.FlickerScents.com&&Earn: (877) 258-0038   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
It was hard for my husband when I first started because I wasn't making very much money and I was spending a lot of time away from home.  Once he started to see that I was making money and moving forward he came around.   Smiley

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Ladies.....thanks for the advice Smiley

I agree with all of your comments....yes, maybe I should get him more involved......but I think that he saw me bringing in more money that would help as well!

Recently, I was applying for a holiday position at a local retailer....when they came back with a $7.25 per hour pay.  I told my hubby that with Tupperware with one average party, being away from the home around 4 hrs I could bring home $100+ !!!   I think he might be coming around!

Thanks again! 

IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
$7.25 an hour compared to $100+ per night.... what man wouldn't accept that!   Grin

Sales Moms Forum
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 10:54am
Print Post  
I have been with direct sales for around 20 years off and on.. One of the reasons for quiting, them was because I was gone most nights alot, which didnt leave time for hubby and daughter... I finally found my niche, and hubby supports me now.. Finally..haha, I dont do homeshows, which frees up my time, but I do catalog shows, smell and sell, and I do vendor shows,fairs etc.. Hubby doesnt mind doing them, cause I am not gone 4 nights a week or so.. He even helped me load my trailer for this weekend..  Grin It just takes time..

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Yes, I have to find my niche too!!! 

That is awesome that you can do your business without doing home shows.  But with Tupperware...home shows is where the most income potential is.  I do catalog shows....but my party averages are higher on the home shows.  I just hope he starts to realize this and supports me when I start to go to my vendor events.  I have 3 coming up and I am excited.....I came across another great website that just keeps me focused on my business and motivated to keep pushing forward.  karenphelps.com now she does sell some of her materials...but there is alot of free articles on her website and FREE teleseminars...I was just on one the other night and picked up alot of great tips and info.  I have to be more consistent with carving out time for family and business.   I am only with Tupperware for a little over a year and I heard that if I stick with it everything will come into place.  I was on the urge of quiting so many times but I want to suceed and find that balance with my home based business and family .  It is great to be home with the kids Smiley

IP Logged

Jeannie
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Hi Ladies,

Yes @ No..
Yes..When he sees the $$ coming in when I don't need to turn around and say the school fee needs paying or when I need money to pay for the kids sports activities etc.. Just me going out to help paying the bills he knows he won't need to dip into his own paycheck.
No..Because I'm in my office after the kids has gone to bed, for me to be able to finish any paper work or emailed to be answered..Mind you I do have lots of time for him aswell..

Have an awesome day..Smiley&&&&Cheers&&Jeannie&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 1:46pm
Print Post  

my husband really support what i'm doing.. in fact we team together online to make it easier for me and to share time together.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Does your significant other support you......

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy