Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Where is your office in your home and.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where is your office in your home and..... (Read 3,559 times)
mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Where is your office in your home and.....
Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Where is your office in your home and how productive is it for you?  Are there many distractions when you are working?

I just read an article online where a dad was running his own home business but he found himself being constantly disrupted by his kids always asking for something.  So, he made a rule with his wife that no one was to come in his "office" which was in their home unless it was an extreme emergency.  I guess this can work for this dad because his wife was there to keep the kids away.  But for us moms.....I believe it is different.  Our husbands work and we have to manage the kids and get some time in for our business as well.  What are your thoughts on this?

Where is your office in your home and is it productive for you?  My office is in my bedroom and it can be productive at times....usually when the kids are sleeping in the night and before they wake up in the morning. After they wake up it gets really hard to carve out that time needed to work on my business.

IP Logged

ChristinaHenarie
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Re: Where is your office in your home and.....
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Since two of my kids are now out of the house, I turned one of their bedrooms into my office. The only child I still have at home is 16 so he doesn't bother me very often while I am working. I think my husband interrupts me more. If I am just making scent samples or putting labels on catalogs, etc, I will usually stay in the living room or kitchen but if I need quiet, I will go to my office.

Christina

Christina Henarie&&Independent Distributor of Mia Bella Candles&&Shop: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Sales MOMS
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:09am
Print Post  
LOL - this makes me laugh.  I am a stay at home mom...my office is in my kids playroom!  Of coarse I am constantly interrupted by my 3 and 4 year old.  It's par for the course.  My son is in preschool 3 days a week and my daughter 2 days but I have both kids home the same two days of the week.  Yes, it's crazy BUT I also think women are better at multi-tasking.  Does it work for me?  No, not always but most days I get done what I need to.  I know that once the kids are in school it will be worth these past few years of a little interruption.

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I have my own office room upstairs, So I do have my own space. I like to do crafts so I have a crafting table in their also. But mostly my candle business has taken most of the space, with candles etc.. I also have a big closet where I store my business supplies plus crafting supplies etc in it.. My daughter will come in there when I am working and use the computer, instead of hers, (havent figured that one out yet..ha) and hubby is always yelling from downstairs, What are you doing??? haha  but I really like it, cause It is my own, and my quiet time, Its My Room, and no one elses.. ha

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:11am
Print Post  
I like that razzle!  Wish I had my own space!  Good for you!

We all have different spaces and different situations, but I guess when it comes down to it....if we want to make our businesses succeed we have to learn to adapt to our surroudings.  Yes, Jessica.....I agree women are better multi-takers!

IP Logged

Jeannie

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hi,

My office is at home..
Very hard during school holiday with constant distraction with the kids..
During school time it is great, but it feels like 6 hours there are away time just fly by,
work still not done because you have other chores doing aswell..
It is okay for the dad working at home when the wife is there aswell and be able to tell them not to be disturb unless it's emergency only, they have never really consider the mums with all the other stuff we do.. work, running of the household, running around with school and other activities (sport) kids do this day.. I say they should try the Mum/Wife Power (to be in our shoes for once) lol..

Have an awesome day..Smiley&&&&Cheers&&Jeannie&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 8:35am
Print Post  
I know what you mean Jeannie.. Lots and lots of activities.. When my daughter was in high school.. it was Cheerleading,Fast pitch softball,slow pitch softball, basketball, fccla events band etc... crazy crazy..ha was always on the run..

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

TastefullyMI

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Was in a basement the first 8 years of my business and we moved 2 1/2 years ago and I have a lovely office on the first floor of my home with SUNSHINE and LIGHT!!!  YIPEEE!!   Shocked

Life's good!

Jennifer Raybaud - Independent Sr. Team Mentor - Tastefully Simple&&&&Celebrating my 11th year and The Visionaries Team $50,000,000 in career sales!
IP Logged

bettersales
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
honestly I can't work if my at day time coz my son always making me crazy, all I do is to finish my work after he sleep.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Where is your office in your home and.....

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy