Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralMarketing Your Business › Getting Referrals..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Getting Referrals.. (Read 4,591 times)
razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Getting Referrals..
Oct 31st, 2009 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Here is an article I found on Getting Referrals...I thought I would share..

If you are not currently asking for referrals, you may be missing a lot of potential business for your network marketing business.

Have you ever called a cold lead? I think the term “cold” came into play as it can be like talking to ice when you speak to someone you don’t know about something they may or may not be interested in.

Now think of the times you’ve spoken with someone you’re acquainted with who knows you and your products. Those conversations are much warmer and much more comfortable for everyone involved.

A referral is very much a “warm” lead. You already share one thing in common, a friendship with the person who did the referring.

There are several ways to ask for a referral. You can let your current customers know that you are accepting new customers and that there is a 10% discount for the new customer on their first order and a 10% discount to the referrer on their next order.

When you hand out catalogs you can add a sticker that says “gift for all referrals.”

When you send out your newsletter include a section that thanks those who have provided referrals for you.

What I don’t suggest doing is saying, “Do you know anyone who might want my products?” We live in a society where we are sold to so often we automatically say no without much thought.

If you’re face to face and the opportunity presents itself, you might say to your customer “I’m so thankful for referrals I’ll give you 50% off that one item you’ve been wanting if someone you refer to me places an order over $35.” Of course you can alter this sentence to make it fit for the company you represent. It’s just another way to get a referral without saying “do you know anyone?”

Referrals are such a wonderful gift to your business that you might consider all of these suggestions to build your warm list of referrals from current customers.

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

Sales MOMS
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Re: Getting Referrals..
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 3:31pm
Print Post  

What I don’t suggest doing is saying, “Do you know anyone who might want my products?” We live in a society where we are sold to so often we automatically say no without much thought.

DON'T EVER SAY THIS!  It sounds greedy.  I love this article because it reminds you that your customers will always want a "what's in it for me" and that's alright!  Say thank you for any referral it's what will help make your business go round and is worth every penny.

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

jcook5
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
I am having my Holiday Open House this weekend. I have told my customers that if they bring three people with them to the event  they will receive a free gift.  My customers are all calling their friends/families to come with them!!

IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Institutionalize that referral process so that it happens consistently. Give an incentive for your customer or client to give you a referral. Then start watching the referrals pour in.
To your success.

IP Logged

England90
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2011 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
This is useful information with me, thanks a lot!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)- (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)- (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
This is a very useful articles,The key to real success in referrals is to build requesting referrals right into your sales process. Nice post.

IP Logged

Jennas31Bags
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Thanks for this article, it was very helpful and eye opening.  I am a new independent consultant for Thirty-One Gifts.  Check out the website to see all of the great bags and personalization options.

Jenna Smith - Independent Consultant for Thirty-One Gifts&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

amc212177
Sales MOMS Junior Member5

Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I agree with Better Sales give them an incentive and you will get those referrals. Good luck to everyone.
Tina

Tina Pittman
Who would like to sign up for just $10.00 to be a rep? As always We sell apparel, jewelry, pet supplies, candles, tarts and much more.
Use this code for extra savings TinaPittman10
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
The $10 signup is good unt
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralMarketing Your Business › Getting Referrals..

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy