Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Do you feel guilty when........
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Do you feel guilty when........ (Read 3,999 times)
mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Do you feel guilty when........
Oct 29th, 2009 at 8:55am
Print Post  
you leave your family to do a vendor event which is helping to promote your business.  But most of the time you come home with little sales and maybe one booking.  But you have spent the entire day out of the house.

This is always and issue with my family in my house and now we have come to an understanding.  But my family never realized that when I was out there promoting my business at these events.....I was not making any real money at the time but it was for those future datings that I needed to get out and have a presence in the community.  Now my husband has come to terms with it.  But at times I still feel guilty.

What are you thoughts?  I would love to hear everyones thoughts on how their husbands/families support their business.   This is by far the hardest aspect of balancing work and family for me.

IP Logged

Sales MOMS
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Re: Do you feel guilty when........
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 10:32am
Print Post  
I think that guilt is a normal feeling for most women, especially mothers, feel whenever we have to be away from our family. 

Direct Sales is a commission only job.  It can be scary sometimes but SO rewarding in the end.  I think that having your family support you 100% is key to not feeling guilty.  Remember that you are your own boss and that one of the most enticing things about direct sales is that you can set your own hours.  Remind yourself that you are there for your family when they really need you.  If they are sick, school activities, holiday parties, etc. 

Money just doesn't fall into your lap in direct sales.  Although some think it's "easy money" it's not.  You have to work your business for it to work for you.  When you made the decision to make money with direct sales you have to realize that you will be away from home from time to time. 

Another reason that I decided to build my business online was so that I could stay home more and not do so many parties.  Maybe that should be a route that you look into taking.  That way your body is physically at home even though you are on the computer for hours on end.   Smiley

Hope that helps a little bit.

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
I think of Vendor events as my quality time to myself.. I love doing them and have so much fun.. Alot of the events my Mother (which lives in the next state over, helps me and so does my daughter, so that also gives me quailty time with my mother and daughter also... love it... Smiley

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
That's great razzle!  I wish my littleones where a bit older where I can bring them along!  I also find it is quality time for myself!  Hubby doesn't see it that way.  We shall see...my first vendor event of the season is tomorrow and it is a short one....I will loeave the house by 5:30 and be back by 9:30......so we shall see what type of a response I will get....keep you ladies posted

IP Logged

Jeannie
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Hi

Feel the same I have 2 young ones (9yrs @ 5yrs), which both will be at school this year,
So I will be able to do some more time while there are all out of the house..
Hubby is not too keen either with the hours I do..
I stay up late to do work on the computer, but that's the thing if you are your own boss to be able to succeed you need to put alot of times, explaining that to hubby, but unless you show them the $$$ coming in not all just some he-hee, his cool about it gets his attention need to put hard long hours to succeed to explain to him no probs with it.. Roll Eyes Wink

Have an awesome day..Smiley&&&&Cheers&&Jeannie&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

pamom2
Sales MOMS Junior Member2

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I feel guilty a lot. Trying to work all day when the kids are at home is sometimes crazy. I love playing with my kids and sometimes I wish I could do that all day long, but I know that there is work to be done, then- there is the household chores that have to be done. I sometimes wish that there were more hours in the day. I try to do most of my work either when the kids are in preschool (Tuesday and Thursday mornings) and after they go to bed. I try to spend naptime hours doing chores (laundry is always backed up). My fiancee works 12-14 hour days so I am the main caregiver. Sometimes I think our house should be in a circus sideshow Smiley

IP Logged

bettersales
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Me with my family , they are very supportive. when i,m with work, after I've come home, my family really entertain may needs, they asked me what are the problems with mu business, how my business, etc........i love my family

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

sherry
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I am lucky in that my family is very supportive with what I do.  Marketing and doing events is part of the business.  My fiance is also an entrepreneur, so he understands that there will be days that we work hard and it may not pay off right then and there. The important thing is you keep at it, keep planting the seeds as you are, and you will see it pay off in the end.  Be patient and keep taking consistent steps each day to build your business and you will succeed!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Do you feel guilty when........

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy