Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBeing A Leader › Where do you fall in the lineup?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where do you fall in the lineup? (Read 3,596 times)
Flickerscents
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Looking for something
more....I did, and I
love it

Where do you fall in the lineup?
Oct 28th, 2009 at 7:13am
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I found this very interesting: Find your birth order and find out more about yourself. Plus, this link has tons of great info on it. Check it out!

Here are the four birth order types and some of their characteristics:

First borns – the leaders, the drivers and the responsible types. These people like to manage others but first they need to manage themselves. They love to feel in control and can feel uncomfortable with surprises or feeling out of their depth. They are conservative in their outlook, which is both a strength and a weakness. Their ability to focus on a goal and their propensity to organise others means they can achieve whatever they put their minds to.

Their tendency toward perfectionism can mean they can be low risk-takers but they can be the rock around which organisations can be built. Approval of authority is important for this group so don’t expect them to rock the boat too much. First borns, above all else, want to forge ahead.

Second borns – the ‘people’ people, the compromisers, and the flexible operators. They are likely to motivated by a cause and will enjoy working alongside people. They will often choose tasks or even a job that will give them a feeling of belonging. Friendships are important to this group so they will learn to get along and will help keep the peace in a group or organisation. They often need others to drive them but they are the glue that holds groups together. Relationships are important to this group so make sure they included in all activities. Seconds, above all else, put people first.

Only’s – the quiet achievers, the finishers, they expect nothing less than the best. This group will raise the bar for everyone around them as nothing but the best will do. Their great strength is their ability to work for long periods of time on their own so they make great project finishers and strategic thinkers but they can be secretive and don’t deal well with conflict. Recognition is important to this group. Only’s, above all else, aim to please.

Youngests – the initiators, ideas people and the challengers. This group are the creative, live-for-the moment types who can put some fun and verve into activities. While the message for first borns is to lighten up it seems that this group need to take things more seriously sometimes. Great initiators and very impatient doers, they perservere to get something started but often are not the greatest of finishers. This group will often do anything to be noticed so make sure you pay heed to their efforts. Youngests, above all else, will blow your mind.

Which birth order personality do you most closely resemble? Does it match your birth order position? In reality, you probably nodded your head for some characteristics in each position. But which did you nod most vigourously while reading? That will give you an indication of your dominant birth order personality.

So what is the point? Know thyself and know the circumstances you are working in. There are times when your birth order personality should take over but there are times when you may need to operate or work like someone in another position. This may make you feel uncomfortable but you can do it.

I have a set of badges – one for each position – which I wear for different occasions and different jobs. Sometimes I need to be more like a first born particularly when I need to take a lead. But there are also times that I must act like a second born and learn to compromise and be more diplomatic than take a crash and burn approach. When it is time to take action and throw caution to the wind I will wear my youngest born badge.

Birth order knowledge is simple as it is intuitive but it is also powerful because as Kevin Leman author of The New Birth Order Book maintains, the affects …. “can touch you in profound and sometimes disturbing ways years after you think you have grown beyond all that.”

Michael Grose is a leading authority on birth order and its affects on personality. He is the author of the ground-breaking book 'Why first borns rule the world and last borns want to change it' published by Random House. You can obtain this book from the shop at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links). Find out how you can get Michael to help your people unleash the power of their birth order personalities at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Article Source: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Shop:www.FlickerScents.com&&Earn: (877) 258-0038   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Re: Where do you fall in the lineup?
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 11:01am
Print Post  
I am an only !!! I totally agree with it !! Smiley

Only’s – the quiet achievers, the finishers, they expect nothing less than the best. This group will raise the bar for everyone around them as nothing but the best will do. Their great strength is their ability to work for long periods of time on their own so they make great project finishers and strategic thinkers but they can be secretive and don’t deal well with conflict. Recognition is important to this group. Only’s, above all else, aim to please.

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 11:32am
Print Post  
That is a great article and I TOTALLY agree!  I am an only to razzledazzle!

Sales Moms Forum
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Flickerscents

Looking for something
more....I did, and I
love it

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
WAAAA, WAAAA Im the baby and this is so me! Cry
I aplaud my strengths and work daily on my weaknesses!! Wink

Youngests – the initiators, ideas people and the challengers. This group are the creative, live-for-the moment types who can put some fun and verve into activities. While the message for first borns is to lighten up it seems that this group need to take things more seriously sometimes. Great initiators and very impatient doers, they perservere to get something started but often are not the greatest of finishers. This group will often do anything to be noticed so make sure you pay heed to their efforts. Youngests, above all else, will blow your mind.

Shop:www.FlickerScents.com&&Earn: (877) 258-0038   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
salesmom Loved being an only... didnt have to share anything with other sibblings!!! ha  Smiley

quit your crying flicker, now i see how you got your way all the time with your siblings..hahah just kidding.. Grin   Wink!!!

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Their Business Online

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I loved being an only child.  My husband and I joke that he had to teach me how to share when we met.  I was 20 years old!   Grin

Flickerscents - This group are the creative, live-for-the moment types who can put some fun and verve into activities
I wish I had that live for the moment quality!  I am a huge planner and organizer.  It drives my husband NUTS!

Sales Moms Forum
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Flickerscents

Looking for something
more....I did, and I
love it

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 7:01am
Print Post  
I am all about fun Grin. I love being the youngest....but, I also learned in a class that if you are seperated by more than 6 years from your next oldest sibling that you are also considered the first born.
So, I am just a mixed up mess! Roll Eyes
I yam what I yam....love to all of you.
We all have something special to be in the crazy biz we call Direct Sales.

IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Their Business Online

Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Flickerscents -  my husband is the youngest and he has 10 years between him and his older sister and 8 between his and his brother!  Talk about a mixed up mess!   Grin  He's like an only child!

Sales Moms Forum
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

ChristinaHenarie
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #8 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I'm the First Born!

First borns – the leaders, the drivers and the responsible types. These people like to manage others but first they need to manage themselves. They love to feel in control and can feel uncomfortable with surprises or feeling out of their depth. They are conservative in their outlook, which is both a strength and a weakness. Their ability to focus on a goal and their propensity to organise others means they can achieve whatever they put their minds to.

Their tendency toward perfectionism can mean they can be low risk-takers but they can be the rock around which organisations can be built. Approval of authority is important for this group so don’t expect them to rock the boat too much. First borns, above all else, want to forge ahead.

Christina Henarie&&Independent Distributor of Mia Bella Candles&&Shop: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
My mom was the baby of the family of 11>> (you sure dont see that anymore...)
Her 3 sisters were married by the time she was born.. all the rest were brothers... she got picked on..haha

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBeing A Leader › Where do you fall in the lineup?

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy