Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBeing A Leader › I have a lead.....now what?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I have a lead.....now what? (Read 2,108 times)
Flickerscents
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Looking for something
more....I did, and I
love it

I have a lead.....now what?
Oct 24th, 2009 at 6:50am
Print Post  
This is a great article I found....being a great leader means knowing what to do from the beginning.

If you are just starting in this business and don't have experience from being with another home-based business or with building and maintaining a team, what do you do when someone contacts you about being interested in starting?

There are many ways for new potential team members to contact you - email, online more info. request, phone calls. So how do you handle it?

Information Packs

First, before ever getting one of these you should have information packs ready to go. These should include an introduction letter, a brochure, a recruiting brochure, and any samples that your company provides.

The introduction letter should tell the basics about the company, a little information about yourself, and include all of your contact info.

All of these items should fit into a 6X9 clasp envelope and not cost more that  $1.00 to mail.

Email

Some people send an email wanting more info, wanting questions answered, wanting a sample. The great thing with email is if you don't know the answer right away to a question asked, you can contact your upline, go ask the question on your company  board, or contact a team mate before responding to the email. You want to get the information/sample pack mailed out as soon as possible because for many this is the deciding factor. They don't want to sign up and find out that the information is not what they expected (which they won't but many people want proof). Ask for their phone number and give them yours so if they think of any questions or want to talk about things person-to-person they can.

Phone

Uh, I don't recognize this number...you answer and it's someone who saw your business info. here or there. Heart racing, panic mode. Stop breath relax. You'll do fine  Don't start spewing everything about the company right then and there. The person will likely be overwhelmed and look elsewhere. Instead of telling them about the company, ask them what they're looking for. Get them to start talking to you and asking questions. Tell them you'll mail them the information  pack (might want to grab a pen & paper to write that one down) and ask for their email address as well. Make sure to let them know it won't be used for spamming them with 20 emails about the company and how great it is, you just want to put it in the system so their email doesn't end up in the junk email file. Tell them to also get a pen and paper and have them write down your info. including your website and email.

A few days after you've sent out the business info. and they've had the chance to look everything over if they haven't called you already, call them. Always do a followup to make sure because they may have questions but lost your number or are afraid to bug you or they maybe decided not to start right now but didn't want to call and tell you.

Additional Info. Request

You get an email from the company that someone filled out a form on your website for more info. This means they've seen the products, they've probably looked at the opportunity, now if the form states they want to learn more about starting the business, you would follow the steps above and either email or call them. I'd recommend calling first if they give you a phone number. Tell them you have their information pack ready to go and are mailing it out. Verify their address they input. Answer their questions. Tell them to feel free to browse the site.

The Follow-Up

So they didn't get the packet and sign up right away or call or email. Some people leave it there and go on. This is one of the biggest mistakes you could make. They may be waiting for you to contact them to see what they need to do next. They may just have crazy hectic lives and put it aside and haven't had the opportunity to call. Give them that opportunity. Find out whether or not they're interested. Some will be, some won't. Don't take it personal. Some might just not have the resources right now to get started - no money, Internet, timing's just not right. Ask them if they're serious about starting a home-based business. If they say yes, ask them for a future date when they believe their lifestyle might be better fitting for this great opportunity. Write that date down in your planner, put it in your PDA, however you keep track of things. Follow up with them one month, three months, a year later. However long to see if now is the right time. If you don't give up on them now, they will know that you will not give up on them later when they do start.

Good luck on your team-building if this is the path you want to pursue. Don't take it lightly, it is work even more so after you've gotten that first new team member. If you sign them up and drop off the map, you're not doing yourself or them a favor and should rethink team-building altogether.
Good luck and go out there and build a strong team.

Shop:www.FlickerScents.com&&Earn: (877) 258-0038   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

razzledazzle
Global Moderator

Re: I have a lead.....now what?
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Great info !!! Wink
I had to laugh about the part under phone !!  Grin I remember when I first started calling, I was so nervous I could of bit my tonuge off..haha and with all the ummmm's I said..  Grin

Knowledge is the Key !!&&online store.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) info.. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
My strong point was working on the phone.  I have worked in call centers and done phone sales all of my life so the phone part of my business was easy for me.  I know it's one of the hardest for most of the people on my team though.  There is article at FreeWAHAdvice.com for Overcoming Phone Phobia:  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

It's really about being prepared and knowing what your going to say.  And you can't be afraid of the word "no".  You can't take it personal. 

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My strong point was working on the phone.  I have worked in call centers and done phone sales all of my life so the phone part of my business was easy for me.  I know it's one of the hardest for most of the people on my team though.  There is article at FreeWAHAdvice.com for Overcoming Phone Phobia:   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

It's really about being prepared and knowing what your going to say.  And you can't be afraid of the word "no".  You can't take it personal.  

WOW.....THANKS FOR SHARING Smiley

THE PHONE IS DEFINETLY THE MOST CHALLENGING PART OF MY BUSINESS!

IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Nice article , great information for starting a business. It will give us some idea to have informative source about planning a business..

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBeing A Leader › I have a lead.....now what?

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy