Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › How do you balance Family and your business?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) How do you balance Family and your business? (Read 8,454 times)
mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

How do you balance Family and your business?
Oct 13th, 2009 at 5:45am
Print Post  
I will be the first one to admit it, that sometimes my business gets busy and cuts into my family time.  But most of the time, I have a schedule where I dedicate an hour or two a day to my business and then I have some time for chores around the house, the kids and husband!  IT is so important to me that I have a schedule. 

How do you balance your business and family?

IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Re: How do you balance Family and your business?
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Also, I write a TO DO LIST for my  business as well as my family life and resposiblities.  There is a sense of accomplishment and motivation when you cross out items on that list!  Just another way to keep you balanced and energized.  Any other ideas?

IP Logged

Sales MOMS
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
This has been very hard for me to do.  I feel that I have too many balls in the air sometimes and that they could come crashing down at any moment.  It's really not a good feeling....so here is what I did to change it:

• I made an office schedule.  Just like I would if I had a job out side the home.
  • I lock my office door at the end of my day.  It makes it a lot easier for me to walk by the room and not check that one last email that just came in.
  • I make myself flexible. 

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I like the idea about locking the office!  I always just say to myself just one more e-mail....your idea might stop my temptation as well.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Their Business Online

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
mo3611  -  It has really helped me to put the work down for the day.  I put the key to the office where I would have to walk to get it.  Temptation gone!  LOL   Smiley

Sales Moms Forum
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
This worked for me today Smiley  I actually locked the door and I didn't have that temptation.  Something I should have thought of a long time ago....but so thankful that you brought it to my attention Smiley  Thanks again.

IP Logged

Sales MOMS

Their Business Online

Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Very welcome!

Sales Moms Forum
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
. make a schedule,make sure you know the priorities. weekends should be give to your family  and try to enjoyed the time like there will be no other weekends. and when eating in the dining room , business talks should be out of it , conversation should be in the sense around the family topic only.

IP Logged

sherry
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
I wish I had an office door I could lock!  As it is, we have a very small house and I can see my desk from anywhere in the house, so it is always calling to me.  I am good at writing a to-do list, the problem I have is it gets so long it gets overwhelming and then I just want to avoid it.  Need to work on prioritizing things and just putting the major things on my daily to-do list. 

I have just started homeschooling our son, so it has gotten even harder to juggle everything. I am trying to limit my work time to when he is asleep, so getting up early in the morning to work and then working some at night once dad gets home.  It is definitely a challenge though!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:28am
Print Post  
sherry,
             you have a great problem  in balancing your work and family but as you say that this is a challenge. It's definitely right you have the choice of doing it in your own way. Nice work mate

IP Logged

sherry
Sales MOMS Junior MemberA

Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Thanks.  Things have actually been getting better here as far as the scheduling.  I was getting so far behind and getting stressed, so my fiance and I had a talk.  He now has agreed to stay home in the mornings and take care of our son.  Usually I care for our son in between work, which obviously wasn't working since I couldn't get much done with the constant distractions. 

So now I have all morning to work and he now gets our son up and gets him breakfast and keeps him occupied all morning.  Then we homeschool in the afternoon, which doesn't take long. We have been doing this now for 2 weeks and it is working great.  I am now usually done with everything by noon.  It is so nice and I have had much more free time, which was the ultimate goal of me staying home.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);
IP Logged

bettersales

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Well that's a great news , it seems to all of you are supportive to each other.

IP Logged

jolly
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 12:55am
Print Post  
I can Balanced my family and business only because of my family, My family is very supportive specially my husband, If I get late some times so he manage the home very well, so I never get problem to manage both!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › How do you balance Family and your business?

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy