Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Top 10 Things To Do When You Get In A Slump
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Top 10 Things To Do When You Get In A Slump (Read 2,103 times)
Sales MOMS
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Helping Consultants Build
Their Business Online

Top 10 Things To Do When You Get In A Slump
Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
"Slumps" are a very normal part of our business.  They may follow a "mountain top" experience, like receiving recognition at Convention or going on an incentive trip They may be related to stress and fatigue in your personal life.  Or, they may come for no apparent reason.  In any event, don't panic!

10. Confide in your upline or pacing partner (aka sideline)

9. Continue to attend unit meetings. This is not the time to cut yourself off from support.

8. Avoid making major decisions about your business during slumps. Your feelings cannot be trusted.

7. Keep the company of positive people; avoid negative ones.

6. Work on your personal hobbies and interests.

5. Listen to business skill building tapes and read business skill building books.

4. Schedule work time & play time. You are not as motivated to do either at these times, but you must keep doing something to feed your business or it will die.

3. Recruit - having a new recruit is the best pick-me-up. You are fed by their enthusiasm.

2. Expect the low. You may find it helpful to note your slump cycle. Perhaps summer is that time for you. Remember slumps are a natural phase of all areas of your life, not just your business. We have all gone through it and "this too shall pass."

AND THE #1 THING TO DO WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER A SLUMP -- curl up with a good book, watch an old movie and EAT CHOCOLATE.

Sales Moms Forum
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

mo3611
Sales MOMS Active Member

Re: Top 10 Things To Do When You Get In A Slump
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
These are such great tips!  Thanks!

I find if I do at least one thing for my business every day....you start to get motivated and out of a slump instead of giving up.  Any home business can succeed and you just have to work on it everyday....but always remember that family time is just as important.....so make a schedule and set sometime for both in your day Wink

IP Logged

bettersales
Sales MOMS Preferred Member

Re: Top 10 Things To Do When You Get In A Slump
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 7:19am
Print Post  
And it was true, very true. I canít remember when was the last time I really took time out to rest and relax. Ever since I started pursuing my passion as a career, I had been occupied with work. I lost the concept of weekends, simply because I felt there was no reason to take off days if I love what Iím doing. In a way I still stand true by this, but I forgot a very important principle Ė If you want to cut down a lifetime of trees with a saw, you need to continuously stop to sharpen it so you can cut more trees.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralBalancing Family & Work › Top 10 Things To Do When You Get In A Slump

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy