Bringing direct sales consultants together in a supportive and friendly environment where they can share ideas, motivation and support one another. Feel free to look around the boards. If you wish to post threads or reply to messages you must be a registered member. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sales Moms Forum
Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion
Sales Moms ForumGeneralCatalog Exchange › Catalog Exchanges ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Catalog Exchanges ? (Read 2,783 times)
dacrmn
Sales MOMS Active Member

Catalog Exchanges ?
Jul 11th, 2007 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Most of us have websites to our businesses.  Unless you are planning on having a catalog party, I would not ask for catalog exchanges due to the expense of postage.  I had previously sent out over 50 catalogs for Fuller Brush and only got 1 order.  Just my 2 cents worth.  Roll Eyes

Diane&& (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

PartiesByMarly
Ex Member

Re: Catalog Exchanges ?
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 10:22am
Print Post  
I do agree that sometimes sending that many catalogs out are expensive.  But the way I look at it, some people DO NOT have access to the internet at all times and would still like to view your products.  For me, it has paid off.  If your catalogs cost you $10 for 25 like mine do, If you get ONE outside order from a customer that totals $40-$50, It has paid for those catalogs you feel were a waste.  As business women we need to think long term not just short term profits. I have gotten calls from customers yrs later to order something because they came across an old catalog. BTW if you send something to a customer, send it in a folder instead of a plain envelope.  People tend to throw envelopes away, EVEN WITH the contents still in it!! People hang on to folders for some odd reason, I guess because they can pile things in it!  Also, when mailing out catalogs, give them an incentive to order with YOU! Give them a free gift, It can be something as simple as a coupon, or something you have that's discontinuted and need to get rid of.  Inexpensive things work best to maximize YOUR profit!  Hope this helps you out!

IP Logged

Cassidy22
Ex Member

Re: Catalog Exchanges ?
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2007 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Sometimes catalogs are just easier to browse through... at your leisure... You don't always have the web, and sometimes people are just sick of being in front of a PC.

I have one experience with one of my favorite clothing stores. They don't have a B&M near me, but I get their catalogs in the mail. The catalog is BEAUTIFUL! When I go shop on the web, I find it harder to find the things I want by chugging through their menu system online. I go to the catalog, pick my favorites, and then type the item numbers into the web to place my order. Catalogs can be helpful...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Sales Moms ForumGeneralCatalog Exchange › Catalog Exchanges ?

Sales Moms Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Introduce Yourself - Garage Sale - Catalog Exchange - Link Exchange - Business Opportunity
Hostes Coaching - Paperwork & Business - Marketing Your Business - Being A Leader
Balancing Family & Work - Local Expos & Online Events - Place Your Ads Here - General Direct Sales Discussion & Company Suggestion

Sales Moms Forum Sites:

Internet Business
Direct Sales Party
Shopping Mall Forum
SalesMoms.com
Directory of members web sites
Link your web site

Site information and Privacy Policy